Sayer Regan & Thayer, LLP
Call For Your Free Initial Consultation

February 2018 Archives

How do you obtain lawful permanent resident status as a refugee?

As someone who has held asylum status for over a year, you're in a good position to seek a green card. The United States allows those who have been under refugee status to change their statuses to lawful permanent resident status.

Offshore workers stay safer with emergency preparedness

When you work offshore, there are dozens of things that could go wrong in an instant. Unlike those who work on land, you have no easy way to escape your surrounding environment. The ocean is vast, and it may not be possible to swim to shore or launch a boat in a crisis.

Rhode Island protects you with equitable distribution laws

Rhode Island, like all states, has its own laws regarding marriage, divorce and other family law matters. Rhode Island follows equitable distribution laws. That means that the assets and debts that you and your spouse have collected during your marriage will be split in an equitable manner by the court if the two of you are unable to come to a mutual agreement on how to split them up yourselves. In community property states, a couple's assets are split 50-50 in a divorce.

Contact Our Attorneys

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

130 Bellevue Avenue
Newport, RI 02840

Toll Free: 800-803-7699
Phone: 401-324-9915
Fax: 401-849-4330
Newport Law Office Map

343 C Main St.
Wakefield, RI 02879

Toll Free: 800-803-7699
Phone: 401-324-9915
Fax: 401-783-0660
Map & Directions