Helping You Meet Challenges And Seize Opportunities
Marcia J. Boyd Esq.
MARCIA J. BOYD concentrates her South County law practice in the areas of Elder Law, Estate and Trust Planning, and Probate – including Special Needs Trusts, Medicaid Planning, Asset Preservation, Wills, Long Term Care Planning, Advance Directives, and Trust and Estate Planning and Administration. In addition to advising the elderly and disabled, she also provides estate and trust planning for individuals and families of all ages.
Ms. Boyd has extensive experience advising clients and their families who face issues of estate, trust, and long term care planning.
She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and the RI Chapter, South County Hospital Professional Advisory Committee, the South County Women’s Club, and NAMI-RI. She has presented estate and elder law programs for community groups and the RI Bar Association.
Her background in administrative advocacy, and in appealing public benefit issues in federal and state courts, from her several years as a Legal Services attorney prior to private practice, provides a strong foundation for her current focus on elder law, including Medicaid.
She practiced law in Rochester, New York, for several years concentrating in elder law, estates and trusts.
In 2010 Ms. Boyd moved back to her home state of Rhode Island, was admitted to practice law in Rhode Island and now lives in Narragansett with a law office in Wakefield. She grew up in Cranston and is very pleased to be back in southern New England.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Elder Law & Asset Preservation
- 25% Estate & Trust Planning
- 25% Probate & Trust Administration
- 10% Special Needs Trusts and Planning
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Formerly New York State
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Science, Washington D.C.
- Major: International Relations
- Presenter, Estate Planning and Administration, Special Needs Trusts, Elder Law, Disability Planning and Medicaid for New York State and Monroe County Bar Association attorney education programs; and presented programs for the RI Bar Association and local community groups.
Professional Associations and Memberships (past & present)
- Rhode Island Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and RI NAELA Chapter
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section
- Washington County Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association, Elder Law Committee, Chair
- Executive Council of the Monroe County Bar Association Trusts and Estates Section
- Monroe County Estate Planning Council, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Marcia J. Boyd
Pro Bono Activities (past & present)
- Board of Directors; Isaiah House, Inc. (House for the Dying)
- Board of Directors; Unity Health Care System
- Board of Directors; Greater Rochester Partnership for the Elderly (GRAPE)
- Board of Directors; East Coast Migrant Head Start Inc., Washington D.C.
- Board of Directors; NAMI Rochester
- Board of Directors and Past President; NAMI RI
- Finance Committee, Member and Past Chair; Unitarian Universalist Congregation of South County